Sunday, April 19, 2009
First Birthing Class
During our first birthing class we watched multiple natural births. It was horrible. I honestly almost cried. These women were crying, throwing up, writhing in pain. All I could think about was how I didn't want to go through that pain. This experience 100% reaffirmed my decision to go epidural all the way!! Bring on the drugs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





18 comments:
Ummm, yes. All the way! I actually had a good time (not being sarcastic!, and even laughed a few times during labor thanks to the epidural.
oh my gosh...AMEN. :) I just don't understand CHOOSING to have all that pain...maybe I'm just a wimp :)
AMEN sista! You've made the right choice from my experience!
We are moving to Cali and I am scared because they are so stingy when it comes to an epidural. I told Michael that I will go live with my mom the month before if it is the only way I can have an epidural. I had the best experience when I had Avery and I even broke my tailbone. I think and epidural is the only way to really enjoy the whole experience... but that is just me. Oh and my doctor thanked me when I said I was going to have an epidural. So it must be pretty great.
This post was so funny! I even read it out loud to Scott. I agree with going for an epidural and I miss your funny self!
epidural is the way to go!!!
This is one reason we did NOT take the birthing classes.
You know my opinion on the matter...
NATURAL IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!! The pain is so intense, but so temporary. I can't even describe the amazing feeling of pushing the baby out all on your own. I won't list all the other advantages here, but after having 2 natural I can't imagine getting an epidural and removing myself from actively participating in the birth.
Having said that, I do understand why some people want epidurals, and if that's your choice then you will have a great experience!!!!
P.S. Like Jen, I read this post to my husband. He said, "I wonder how I would have a baby."
Ha!!
as soon as the real contractions started I was begging for the epidural. i don't think i will ever try to birth a child without one.
And THAT is why we will never do a birthing class. :) Just know that epidural or not, the baby WILL come out...and it will all be worth it. :)
Gotta LOVE the epidural!!!
One other comment about the whole labor experience:
Even though contractions hurt I would do it again in a heartbeat!! It really wasn't that bad and whenever I think back to it I only have happy memories. I absolutely loved giving birth. It was seriously the best part of the whole experience :)
I have done it both ways (not by choice). My epidural didn't work with Jared and there was no time to give another one. You will be thankful for your birthing class...if you can remember what you are suppose to do while panicking that the epidural is not working.
brittney,
Don't watch any movies like that ever again. Even now when I see movies where someone is having a baby, I leave the room or change the channel. It gives me so much anxiety. It doesn't help at all, it only makes you more nervous. Having your own baby is so much better and less scary
On the other hand I could show you some sketchy videos of women who were so drugged up they had no idea what was happening, and it didn't look like the DR did either. Snipping, pulling and rotating. YIKES!!! I agree with your friend Page.
But it's a very personal choice. Because the "natural" childbearers have to be in it 100%. I hope that it goes great for you guys. Coming from a "guy" who, with his wife, prepped for 2 natural births from many different angles, and ended up with two HORRIBLE births.
I could go on and on......Regardless, do what you want, and good luck.
TIM
Ha! Those movies are awful! and I don't get why all the girls seem to be old ugly fat ladies that are completely naked! Why can't they at least show you a cute tan girl in labor, it would at least make it a tiny bit more pleasant to watch.
LOVE MY EPIDURAL! I am eternally grateful for the person who invented the epidural. My sister had to go natural and poor thing was miserable. Not cool. Get it early if you can. Then you can actually sleep for a little because you're not going to sleep after that.
After I watched the birthing movie, I turned to Rob and said, "There's got to be a better way!" I wouldn't ever have a baby without one and you can still be actively involved in the labor with one so don't worry about that.
Post a Comment